Now my one standing achievement so far seems to be taking forever to put a post together so I'm a bit behind on last year's achievements.
2016 was a bit mixed, with some great successes, it just seemed to take a few tries to get everything right. I've made a list for us to see what we've done and it gives us a sense of achievement when you read it all and realise why you seem to have no time or money!
So here's a bit of a list in no particular order:-
- Got water and electricity to the cabin, fitted the cabin kitchen and bathroom and furnished
- Emptied the old extension
- Had old extension knocked down old
- Moved the boiler again and not for the last time
- Had more chicks
- Had a whole new extension built...slowly
- Bricked up the old doorways in the house
- Built stud work upstairs, insulated studs and plaster boarded
- Plumbed and wired the extension
- Fitted a new bathroom (partly)
- Plastered and decorated baby girls new room
- Built and fibreglassed the extension bay roof
- Had windows fitted
- Had doors hung, both internal and external
- Had back garden levelled and seeded lawn
- Changed jobs...twice
- Been to Sicily, Devon and Cardiff
- Grown a multitude of fruit and veg
- Canned and preserved the harvest
I will admit to using 'the royal' we. James has worked himself very hard, whilst keeping up a full time job and spending time with the family. I think it's fair to say that he pushed himself too hard last year and the plan this year is to spend more family time together. That's particularly important to me now that I'm also working full time.
So here's a quick pic of before and after this year of the front of the house. Would you believe that when I put this together I couldn't find a picture of the whole of the front, so the new bit will have to do, I must rectify that.
And once again baby girl is called into play to show how time's flown, just look at that hair! Not to mention the first photo is Easter, so a quarter of the way in to the year.