Thursday 6 August 2015

They're here!!!

Blossom has chicks, why did I doubt?! We were making jam in the kitchen when my friend said she was going to pop out and have a look and came back to say a chick had arrived.





We almost couldn't contain the kids who were all chomping at the bit to get down to the bottom of the garden to investigate. They were delighted to see the little chick chirping away and hiding under her mothers wing. A few hours later James and I had a look and there were two all dried off and a third pushed his head from the egg while we watched. I'm not sure who was more enchanted me or the kids (definitely me). One more life experience for us all to enjoy.







4 comments:

  1. .So glad the eggs hatched for you so that you can now have the delightful experience of having chicks running around. ...and wait until you see the heads of the little chicks peeping up from all over their mum as they snuggle into her feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news for Blossom and you, and a wonderful lesson for your children, I can feel your grin from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thee is nothing like new life and seeing the whole process through is a fantastic experience for children :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You live a peaceful life there. The things you write about are interesting and reflect that tranquil life style. That's why I come here, among other things.

    ReplyDelete