Hey guys, I was very kindly nominated by Emma at Handmade by Em to join in with the liebster blog awards, which basically gets people to read new blogs.
Now I hope they mean new to us rather than new full stop or I've got it all wrong! Now, I'm a certified miserable git, anything that vaguely involves joining in is not my thing, I think it come from being a shy child. Anyhow, I'm not a shy adult at all so I need to get over myself and say thanks Emma, you've made me join in!
So I've answered 10 questions that Emma wrote and I've written / plagiarised from the internet, 10 more for my nominees.
Now any of you that have read my blog have almost certainly come from one of these blogs already but I love reading them all and a few more besides, so here's my suggestions for a good read. Honest blogging, not pretty blogging (although your blogs are pretty but you know what I mean!).
Here's how you take part, sorry Emma, I copied and pasted here, oops.
The idea of the Liebster Blog Awards is to discover new blogs and here's what you need to do to take part:
Here are the blogs I love to read:
Well first has got to be Kev, An English Homestead cuz I love his company in the real world as much as I enjoy reading his blog.
And then of course there's Kymber from Framboise manor, who is the most hilarious and sweet person and she really likes being naked!! I don't remember who told me to check out her blog, but I was glad I did.
Dani over at Eco footprint South Africa, I love her environmentally friendly attitude, it strikes a chord with me, and she's just so handy.
Cindy at The bee lady from hilltop farm has two blogs, this one and a log of her house build/renovation which I love, it inspires me to look to the future. Plus she's all sorts of crafty and is into keeping bees which I'd love to do one day.
What about Vera from Snippets from Labartere? She has a beautiful house that her and her husband work hard on with a massive collection of animals and veg and she's over the channel in France, very continental.
If I'm honest there are quite a few more that spring to mind and I can name some more excellent blogs.
So here are the questions that Emma posted and my answers
1. What was your first pet and what was their name?
My first pet was a Jack Russell terrier named Ticket. My mum got him whilst she lived in Glasgow and apparently his name has a regional meaning, meaning rascal.
2. If you could live a day in a different era of time, when would you choose?
Oh definitely medieval in a small hamlet, watching people live their lives and work as a community. I’ve always had a fantasy to be able to go back in time and watch history unfold, weird? maybe.
3. What would your ideal 3 course meal consist of?
Goats cheese and rocket bruschetta, calzone and sticky toffee pudding. But I like food so that could change hourly!
4. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
Oh God what time is it, if I ignore the kids will they go back to sleep?
5. If you were given £1 million what would you spend it on?
I’m boring really, I’d pay off my mortgage, finish renovating the house, buy the land next door for an orchard, go on holiday and put some money aside for the kids to go to uni/get married/put a deposit on a house.
6. What makes you smile the most?
When one of the kids says or does something sweet
7. What holiday destination would you most like to visit?
I’d most like to go to Boston at the moment. I’m big into history and there’s so much in that area I’d like to see.
8. Chocolate bar or packet of crisps?
Crisps, salt and vinegar!
9. If you could meet any famous person (present or passed away) who would it be?
Probably Patrick Stewart, I loved Star trek the next generation as a kid (still do) and I love the X-men films too so it’d be like killing two birds with one stone.
10. What are your top 3 favourite animals?
Dogs, donkeys and chickens.
Here are the questions for all my lovely blog nominees.
1. If someone threw you a surprise party would you love it or hate it?
2. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
3. Do you have any fun family traditions?
4. What’s your favourite book of all time?
5. What’s the best holiday you’ve ever been on?
6. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would you change?
7. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
8. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?
9. If you could live somewhere else in the world, where would it be?
10. What makes you really angry?
Guys don't feel the need to join in if you don't want to, but do go and look at Emma's blog and some of her nominees.